Riding to the Isle of Man TT
|Friday, 25 May 2012 13:47|
IAM’s head of riding standards and advanced rider, Peter Rodger, is advising on riding to, at and back from the Isle of Man TT (26 May-8 June).
• Prepare your bike for the trip and check petrol, oil, water, and electrics
• Plan your journey to include plenty of stops to refuel yourself and your bike
• Once you’re there, stay within your own riding ability. Don’t be drawn into racing your friends over the mountain – enjoy it, but ride as sensibly as you normally would.
• Drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated.
• On your way back, don’t forget, speed limits differ on the Isle of Man.
Rodger said: “Riding on the Isle of Man might be your end goal, but you’ve got to get there first. To enjoy your trip as much as possible, make sure you and your bike are prepared for both the journey, and the ride at the end.”
Article source: IAM Press Office