- Laser 5068 Motorcycle Tool Kit (19 Pieces)
- Building the Ultimate Adventure Motorcycle: The Essential Guide to Preparing a Bike for the Journey of a Lifetime
WMA Neoprene Neck Warm Face Mask Veil Sport Motorcycle Ski
Buy New: £1.89
New (13) from £1.89Very warm and lightweight to wear. Easy to put on and take off., Fits above the ears and nose while still keeping the full neck covered. Perfect protection against cold, snow, wind and sun in winter., New ventilation system will keep you breathing easily and eliminate mouth odor., Unisex for Men & Women. Material: Neoprene and thermal fleece., Length: About 21.6" (55cm). Height: About 11" (28cm). (more)
- Sat Nav Kit for Motorcycle Motorbike
- Motorcycle Cruise Control Throttle Aid Cramp Buster
Akrapovic Custom range expands with V-Rod Open Line exhaust and new black-finish Slip-On Fatboy silencers
|Thursday, 05 July 2012 14:47|
2009-2012 V-Rod Nightrod Special and Muscle
Harley-Davidson shook the motorcycling world in 2001 with the introduction of the new all-American V-Rod. Designed with performance in mind, this new ‘muscle’ bike featured an all-new water-cooled 60-degree V-Twin in a low-slung hydroformed frame. 11 years later and V-Rod production is still going strong in the shape of the V-Rod Nightrod Special and Muscle.
As a low-seat boulevard bruiser, the Harley-Davidson V-Rod is all about style and brute power. This combination is underlined with the V-Rod’s dragster styling – a long, low and a muscular stance with engine tidily displayed for all to see.
Now the V-Rod Nightrod Special and Muscle can look meaner; sound meaner and rip from the lights like a true mean machine with the aid of the latest aftermarket Akrapovic Open Line exhaust from its popular Custom range of replacement performance exhausts.
The same Open Line system neatly fits both the Nightrod Special and Muscle versions of today’s V-Rod. The system consists of:
• Stainless steel downtubes
• Stainless steel 2-1 linkpipe
• Titanium alloy muffler outer sleeve
• CNC machined muffler end cap
• Three carbon fibre heat shields
• Racing-style QD stainless steel spring connections
• Removable noise reduction insert
• Weight reduction of 13.kg (30lb) over standard exhaust system
The exhaust’s unique design and construction means weight reduction against the stock system and performance increase. As with all Akrapovic systems, service kits are available. Full assembly instructions included.
2007-2012 Softail Fatboy and Fatboy Lo
While Harley-Davidson can rightly be considered an iconic brand, the Softail Fatboy is one of the most iconic bikes in its wide range of motorcycles. Everything about the bike mirrors its name. Fat handlebars, fat tyres, and fat front end; this is the Fatboy. A motorcycle so glorious in size and attitude that just one good sight of the bike and it will remain locked in your memory, along with the unforgettable Fatboy name.
Adding to the Faboy and Fatboy Lo’s iconic image is difficult to say the least, but Akrapovic managed this in 2011 with the introduction of the Custom range Slip-On Line silencers in smooth, fault-free chromed finish.
But glistening silencers with performance benefit wasn’t good enough for all Fatboy owners. Demands for all-black silencers grew daily until they could no longer be ignored. Akrapovic is pleased to announce to the Harley-Davidson world their pleas have been answered with new ‘all-black’ silencers for 2012. This is them…
• All stainless steel construction
• Silicone-based powder coat finish for long-lasting finish
• Peak performance gain of +2HP @ 5100rpm, torque +3.3Nm (2.4ft-lb) @ 3035rpm
• Optional catalyser available
Article source: Akrapovic Press Office